Saturday, January 21, 2017

Life

You spent the day marching. I spent the day crying. You marched for lots of rights that I want just as much as you. But as you marched for the singular right to choose to take away your child's life, I was losing mine. I was given no choice. No one marched for him or her. No one marched for me as I sobbed on the bathroom floor. Women's rights ARE human rights. But HUMAN rights are also human rights. I had no choice when the human inside of me, whom I had only known for mere weeks, lost its little life. I have never been so devastated not to have a choice. The inability to choose LIFE has left me powerless and disheartened. How a woman could not fight with everything to preserve this is beyond my reaches. Life is life and until one is lost it is nearly impossible to fathom it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh maddy my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry. Beautifully written, so powerful.

    ReplyDelete