Friday, August 21, 2015

Sleep When you're Dead... Or Now, Please Now

Ok so it is 4:34 AM and I am WIIIIDDDDEEEE awake. It is so fun. Sam and I just decided this week to make a last minute trip to California for his birthday weekend. So instead of sticking to the plan of leaving Friday whenever we woke up well rested, I suggested we leave Thursday night. Well we didn't meet the lovely open road until pretty late, at which point sweet sweet Samuel fell completely asleep (read: he took a freaking melatonin!). However, I successfully drove all 6 hours and only took the wrong freeway exit once (after which I caught myself being soooo self deprecating and made a conscious decision to stop it and be nice to my poor little self.) Now that is what I call a win win. So now we are here and I am still wired from the caffeine I injected into my veins(jk I don't do drugs) and I am laying in bed next to precious sleeping Sam-seriously this guy can sleep anywhere-and I am also sneezing my brains out. The sneezing seems to be a new development writhin the last 45 seconds. Anyways, I am just going to get sappy for like one second and then I promise I won't do it again until I feel like it... I am just really grateful for my sweet, tender, loving, goofy husband. Not in some "I live the perfect dream life" way. But in a real, deep, sincere way. In a way that makes it ok for him to sleep through our entire road trip because he chose to do what I wanted to do for HIS birthday. It doesn't even include guns, ammo, atvs, or the hot hot Arizona desert-all of his favorite things. In fact it pretty much will consist of laying on the beach. Don't worry though (and don't tell!) I may have something a little more manly up my sleeve for his actual birthday. So there it is in all it's cheesy glory: Sam Fuller, I love U... And y and b and a are all good letters too. But seriously, as freaking hard as marriage can be every single day, it is also so incredibly worth it! And going to the beach with my BFF is just the cherry on top. Him hitting on my loudly in public, however, will be another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment